Wednesday, March 7, 2012

More Critiques of Robertson and Piper

AND THEIR EMPTY THEOLOGY ABOUT TORNADOES

Concerning the interpretation of the recent tornadoes in the American Midwest given by John Piper and Pat Robertson, I just posted a substantial reply to my friend StoryGuy in the comments to this post.  I call your attention to it because I think it adds to and clarifies my earlier statements.

Let me also direct your attention to this post on Dr. James McGrath's blog. Dr. McGrath has assembled an interesting collection of critiques, from a variety of commentators, of Piper's and Robertson's statements. There are also a couple of cute meme cartoons. Like this one:



Finally, if you are able and have not yet done so, please make a contribution to a reputable relief agency. A friend of mine who works in the field points out that cash contributions are the most effective way to help those affected by natural disasters. If you don't have a favorite relief agency in mind, you can give to mine: Lutheran Disaster Relief.

No comments:

Post a Comment